First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Monday, November 21, 2022

New London, 3rd Alarm + 11-21-22

Around 09:10, New London, fire responded to Mott St for a dwelling fire, They arrived to find 2 Dwellings well involved with a 3rd lighting off. Command requested a, 2nd and shortly later a 3rd alarm. With fire conditions, and wind coming off the sound, crews worked to contain the fire to the original 3 dwellings, a portable monitor was placed into service on the main building and exposure D, along with several hand-lines from all sides, as the tower ladder was placed into operation. Command directed companies to work the different exposures to bring the fire under control. The primary fire building, collapsed about and hr and half into the fire. Crews overhauled the exposures, due to being on the mouth of the Thames river, crews dealt with Hurricane windows as the vented the dwellings, this hindered some operation in the first mins as they were discovered. After about 2 hrs the fire was under control. Minor damage to a few other exposure buildings was noticed. In all about 6 engine and 5 ladders with support vehicles responded.

More photos @ Laddsphotos

 

First Due conditions.



2nd Due Engine

Primary fire building, Note Exposure D, exterior fire has been knocked down the line is now working on this dwelling.






 






0 comments: