First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Old Mystic Car vs. House

Old Mystic Fire Department (OMFD), Mystic River Ambulance (MRA), and Lawrence and Memorial (L&M) paramedics were dispatched to 30 Route 27 in Mystic for a motor vehicle accident, car vs. house, reported to be with fire and entrapment at 00:18 hours.
Upon OMFD arrival, the car was on its front end, with the top of the vehicle protruding into the structure. There was no fire, however the victim was trapped inside the vehicle. There was extensive structural damage to the residence and OMFD personnel stabilized the structure to alleviate the risk of collapse. Once the structure was stabilized,
OMFD personnel extricated the victim from the vehicle. During the course of the incident, there was an active
gasoline leak from the vehicle.
Due to the prolonged nature of the incident, Life Star Helicopter was requested and landed at Old Mystic Baptist Church, where Mystic Fire Department had established the landing zone. The victim was transferred to MRA and Life Star personnel and
then transported to the landing zone. OMFD personnel remained on scene to provide lighting and monitor the gasoline leak, while Groton Town Police Department investigated the accident.
The scene was cleared at 04:16 hours.

Provided by Benjamin Ragsdale
All photos by Old Mystic Fire police member Claude Flickinger. Write of the incident. By OMFD Captain Christopher Clarkin


0 comments: