First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Thursday, October 30, 2008

W/F Tale of two towns. 10-30-08


First of all I have not received any photos at this time, But due to the events, I will post the news links. If I receive any I will post them.


Last night around 01:20 Niantic responded to 53 Crescent Ave., where first due companies found heavy fire coming from the first-floor exterior. This was a occupied apartment building. Crews from Niantic and Flanders worked the fire until after 4am the fire consumed the roof and heavily damaged the rest of the building.



About one hour later Waterford was dispatched to 1 First St near the draw bridge for several calls for a building fire (a Vacant) this was about 2 miles away. W-11 was released from their cover assignment in Niantic and headed across the bridge and noticed heavy fire from the building. The building was heavily damaged.


Both buildings are owned by the same person. At this time the fire is under investigation.



These two fires and others in the state this week should be a wake up call to us for this winter. About 5-8 of them are under Foreclosure or have financial problems. Could this be the start of a long winter? It could be. So beware of your surrounding and size up the buildings in your area and stay safe.


See links below, Unknown how long they will be active.

Borrowed from Q's fire ground photos

See link below
Q's








0 comments: