First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Sunday, November 30, 2008

Norwich Multi alarm, with May-day 11-30-08

Norwich (Greenville section) responded to Central Ave the Kelly building for a reported fire, Eng-2 was operating at a MVA around the corner. After the tone they spotted the fire and requested a 2nd alarm. Norwich was confronted with heavy fire from at least 6 windows on two floors on arrival. During the attack 3 firefighter had the ceiling collapse on them and a hose line burn thew. The managed to free themselves and exit the building. A 2nd crew of 2 called a mayday after one ran out of air, They found a window and broke it out. A Taftville LT. noticed this action and requested help. Command assigned tower 25 to the rescue. Due to the FAST had not arrived at this time (delayed by dispatch). Taftville firefighters placed a 35ft ladder in place on firefighter can down the ladder and lost his grip hand fell about 10ft. The 2nd was in the window as a firefighter reached him some how he feel and was caught by the firefighter by his leg and was held up side down until help crews placed a2nd ladder below him and mover the bucket in to the area of the rescue. he was removed to safety. The building continued to burn as 1 ladder, 2 towers and several master streams worked the building for several hours. After the investigation the build was torn down.
More info and photos to follow.

For more photos
Eastern CT Fire's Photo
from Rose City's Bravest
Click for link
Tower 25 The windows that the firefighters bailed out from


0 comments: