First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010 Review

A end to another busy year, NLCFP covered around 150 incidents. This is only about a quarter of the severe incidents in my coverage area. Hundreds of other incidents accrued with little to no coverage by NLCFP or even the news. The emergency services are getting busier every year, some departments have had a 20% increase in call volume. In the Norwich area Local and State fire and police officials found and now are prosecuting a arson ring. (great job). But the the normal fire duty still keep coming its a little slower but it's still steady. We all need to stay safe during our incidents.
Below are what I think are the top 10 photos of 2010. This year already has started of with a bang or a boom in the area, As we all hope for no one to injured or lose a home. I will still cover as much as I can with help from my friends around the area. Again if you have photos or video to share please contact me.
In parting I again Thank all the chiefs, firefighters and police access to the incident.
Good luck and stay safe. Rob

Middletown Explosion

Center of Groton, 1505 North RD (Rt-117)

Norwich Fire, Capehart mill

Vernon, live fire training

Yantic's 1891 Stilby Steamer in New London

Hartford, 23 Whitmore St.

Detroit Fire, Harbough & Sire

Detroit fire, 1057 Casgram.

5575 Harvard near Chandler Park Dr.
East Hartford, 356 O'connell Dr.

0 comments: