First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of May 2015, my site has had 300000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Plainfield (Wauregan Section) Atwood Hose District. W/F+ 01-09-12

Wauregan section of Plainfield, Atwood hose fire was dispatched for smoke in the area found the former fire station on fire at Wauregan RD at Chestnut at that time the assignment was upgraded too Moosup E194, L194, ET 294 - Mortlake ET190, ET 290 - Central Village for FAST. Do to building conditions and the amount of items in the building, the pre-plan called for do not enter. The building burned for several hours. Extra M/A was requested. The FMO is investigating.
 






 This building was the original Atwood Hose Firehouse back in 1896 and had been added onto through the years. Maloneys pic with the group of Firefighters to the left lower corner IS the original 1896 section of the building built by the then Wauregan Textile Company to house the 1896 hand drawn hose cart.

It has been used as a cafe, new-stand, coffee shop, doughnut store, cleaning supply building and pizza restaurant. It has been boarded up and abandoned for 15+ years.


Because it was labeled "Do Not Enter" we had a difficult time getting to all the fire. Again as Maloney stated it was packed with trash top to bottom. Definitely an elevated master stream application.


As I type this, the Plainfield FM has announced the cause of the fire was arson and is working with the State FM in the investigation


Thanks to all who helped with this stubborn deep seated fire.


Andrew R. Duval Sr.

0 comments: