First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Friday, March 30, 2007

Preston house fire. 03-30-07

Preston Ct. RT –12 #69 A single story W/F private dwelling burned due to the occupant was burning brush to the rear of his home. The homeowner’s pile got way from him and started the grass/brush to the rear of the home it spread to his home and a camper. When companies arrived they found the back of the house a blaze with the wooded area burning. The woods fire had 2 more homes as extreme exposures, with some others close by. Due to the exposures extra companies were called in. The fire burned up the rear of the house in several locations and made its way into the attic space of the house. Crews protected the exposures and opened the void spaces in the home to bring the fire under control in about 30mins. Crews from Poquetanuck, Preston City, Mohegan Sun, Gales Ferry, Ledyard and the Submarine Base fire departments responded. Other units were Canteen 1, CSP and American Rehab responded. Mohegan Tribe Chief, (Chaney) directs his crews
as fire spreads from the house.
Fire runs through the bushes Poquetanuck firefighters waiting for waterMTFD sets up a blitz fire
Poquetanuck firefighter opening up
Gales Ferry's crew knock down the grass fire under the trailer
PC-1 Cassey formerly (Car 10 of Norwich)

Crews work open up a 2nd vent hole on a addition

Subase "2nd due" F.A.S.T



0 comments: