First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yantic, MVA leads to industral fire 03-24-07

Around 5:30 am, Yantic Fire was dispatched for 2 calls, 1 was a fire alarm at a Dr's office the 2nd was for a MVA @ West town st and Wawescus St. (truck Vs. utility pole). Units split their response and headed to their respective calls. On arrival of the MVA units found a Box truck with a broken utility pole and live wire laying on the truck. Some how the operator navigated the wires and walk to a safe location be fore FD., arrived. The fire alarm turned out to related to the power outage. During this time a report of a fire at Phelps Dodge, Copper Co. came in and Car -3 relocated Eng-32 and 31 to the fire. (Rescue 3 remained a the MVA) After investigating units found a small fire from over flowing copper. Car-3 filled the assinment with End -33 & SQ-36. Crews located as many dry-powder extinguishers and knocked down the fire, After the product cooled, a hand-line wasused to soak down the area. West town St. @ True Value
Crews set up dry-powders before knocking down the remander of the fire


Final knock down with a hand-line

0 comments: