First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Saturday, April 04, 2009

Plainfield TT rollover/Haz-mat 04-03-09

At 12:12 Plainfield FD responded to I-395 @ Exit 88 for a reported Tractor Trailer rollover with entrapment. First in units reported a over turned Gasoline tanker leaking product and driver now out of the cab. Over the next 12+hrs over thirty different departments and agencies responded to this incident. Over 7000ft of 5 " hose was pumped from two different directions, for water supply to Norwich and Willington's Foam trailers. The truck reportedly had over 6000 glns of Gas. At this time a unknown amount leaked out. Departments were called in to help with the relay pumping, checking for run off in several brooks, Man-power, cover companies and several other jobs. I-395 was closed for over 12hrs. Norwich and Yantic firefighters working the line.Yantic, Willington and Moosup officers and firefighters Discuss operations. The incomming storm 20min out

0 comments: