First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New London 2nd Alarm+ 08-11-09

Around 10:15 New London Fire was dispatched for a fire at L&M Hospital near the Ambulance emergency room entrance. As A-11 left HQ they reported heavy smoke in the area. At that time W-15 was added to the incident. On arrival they found heavy fire and thick black smoke showing on the exterior of the building. Command requested a 2nd alarm which added the rest of NLFD and Subase C-25. During this time a off duty NLFD firefighter aided L&M staff with the movement of Patients on the upper floors. At times heavy fire was venting from below grade vents of the building to the third floor exterior. The location was about 30ft down the side of the ER entrance in the bushes. Crews were primarily on exposure protection of the outer in the inner sections of the building. Hospital staff were moving PTs from the exposure areas. Some PTs area being transferred to other hospitals, unknown how many. Firefighters searched all rooms in the exposure and evacuation areas along with some salvage work. The majority of the fire was confined to the lower level electrical rooms. Once they had plenty of foam on location and arrival of Norwich's foam trailer, they began foam operations and the final knockdown of the fire was completed. Over 20 M/A ambulances were on scene from all over the state, DEP, public utilities, NLPD and several other againcies will be operating for sometime.

The photos below are about 30mins into the operation


0 comments: