First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Friday, August 21, 2009

Yantic Tanker rollover 395 SB 08-21-09

Yantic Fire responded to 395 SB in the area of Exit 81 E around 11:50 for unknown type of tanker that rolled over with entrapment. On arrival of Car-38 found the truck in the middle of the road with the driver still in the cab with injuries, the content still in the tank, with some minor fluids leaking, Crews stabilized the cab of the tractor and removed the windshield to gain access to the driver. The minor spills were contained. Command requested one engine from EGPFD to the scene for support do to the heat and had one engine from Bozrah stage at Yantic's station. In about 20 Ambulance. mins the driver was removed and transported to Backus by American. DOT,DEP, CSP along with the clean up contractor and towing service cleaning up the highway.
More photos click here







j

0 comments: