First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Thursday, April 01, 2010

Storm incidents

Hello all, Due to being heavily involved with the storm, I'm looking for some photos from the area of the rescues and major damage. If your willing to share them, contact me. I will also link videos as I find them of the area's flooding.

The little information that I have been able to find with the little down time that I had in the last 6 days I will post.

Most of the areas Fire, Police and Ems have been operating non-stop for 96 hrs and will be working at different operations for several days.
The Yantic/ Norwichtown area was flooded with 13.6 feet of water in the river with rain fall about 9 inches. Damaging several buildings and flooding hundreds of homes and Business. Several rescues were made from the over flowing river. Other sections of Norwich, East Great Plan had several brooks flood several business and Homes, The City was hit with flooding of housing projects and many streets hundred of homes were flooded. Taftville, Occum sections Flooding of homes and business, TFD 2 or three fires were reported from the flooding. Laural Hill the least problems but sustained damage with homes flooded.From what I have read and watched on the News and Youtube was that the Mystic, Stonington, North Stonington and Westerly areas took the brunt of the storm. Heavy Damage with severe flooding have been reported. Many rescues from homes and cars were made. Several homes destroyed, Bridges have been damaged or destroyed. Assessments of bridges are still underway, some areas are still under water or are threaten by water. In Old Mystic the FD is tiring to pump down the level of a pond that is threatening a condo complex.

Other parts of New London and Windham County's have seen more water then ever in a few days then anyone has known. In Lisbon one of the oldest arched bridge in the United States was destroyed. Will Post before and after photos. It will be weeks before all the damage can be assessed as the water recedes more will be found.The aftermath of the wall break at Nutmeg inc U.S. Senator Chris Dodd and Norwich City Manager Allen Bergren touring area business in Norwichtown after the flooding.


0 comments: