First In






I welcome you to my blog site; I hope to show you the fire service in NLC in some interesting events. During the next few years, I will improve on the content and photos to keep you coming back for more. I take pride in my photography and try my best to be first in when possible. The majority of the photos will be from the Norwich companies & surrounding area departments, but sometimes I Buff out of state cities for a change of pace.



As of late I have missed or worked a lot of the incidents. I have a great support group of Photographers to help the site keep up with all the incidents. There are too many to list, So thanks for your support. Thanks for visiting and enjoy .RD Ladd



As of July 2017, my site has had 319000 hits thanks for viewing. If you keep coming I will keep posting. First time visitors for older post click on the month links right side.



Remember: I'm not able to make every major event, so if you get some photos or video and would like to share them, please contact me @ laddr68@yahoo.com



If your interested in viewing all of the incident photos or purchasing a photo That I have taken click here.



This site will work with mobile devices.






Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lisbon Brush fire 04-10-11

Mid afternoon, Lisbon Fire was called to the area of Rt-169 and Rt-12 for a brush fire. This is a large, dense forest area with tight limited access roads. The total acreage burnt I am unsure of, I never saw the whole area and I heard reports of 4 acres to 15 acres from someone in the CMD structure. I would guess there was at least 70 acres in this area. All manpower has to be brought in by pick-up or ATV as accessing the fire was a mile and half away from any road..

Most of the transportation vehicles either stalled going up the steep hills or the UTV's would run out of gas to get to the fire. Water supply was portable pumps drafting from various locations within the woods (ie swamps,streams) alot of dead trees and brush made for a large fire load. the wind didn't help things either. a few high tension power poles were damaged during the fire. The fire got deep seated in the trees and roots, the scene was turned over to DEP around 19:00hrs
( Shane Dupuis)

Units on scene Lisbon -ET-254,Service-154 with ATV, Forestry-154, Rescue-554, Engine-154, Tanker-154 Baltic -Forestry -124, Service-124 with the ATV, Rescue-124 Jewett City - ET-156 Laurel Hill- Squad-66 with UTV Griswold - Eng-155, Forestry-155, ATV Taftville - ET-22, Squad-2 Plainfield - Forestry-195, Forestry-295(UTV)
Back to Detroit News


0 comments: